September 29, 2015

Vendetta

Vendetta
by Lisa Harris


This was my first book by Lisa Harris but I am already making plans to read her older books and can’t wait for her next books in this series. Harris writes suspense that left me on the edge of my seat and allowed me to try to figure out the story as the pages turned. I love that opportunity to unravel the mystery myself instead of having the author tell me everything. I also love when I start to think the villain is one person only to find out I was wrong. Harris expertly crafted a story line that kept me guessing until she was ready to let me figure it out and I loved every page of the mystery.



Harris’ characters were fun to get to know. I loved the passion behind Nikki’s character and I also loved the dedication in her friend Tyler. I enjoyed their relationship through the pages of this story and am looking forward to reading more about them in the next book too. I really loved the complexity of both characters and how both of their pasts influenced every single decision of their everyday life and especially their jobs and the investigation in Vendetta.

            The dialogue in this book was excellent as well. I really felt like I was listening in on the conversations especially between Nikki and Tyler. I loved how they opened up to each other through the book. But I also loved how Harris didn’t reveal everything to us in the first book and left us hanging to move on to book two.


The only thing that I didn’t love about this book was how often I felt like I was being told about procedure and protocol and the like with Nikki’s job. Sometimes I felt like I was being explained more than just being allowed to read a great story. Of course I probably spend too much time watching crime drama on television and reading suspense stories so the aspect that I didn’t love in this book might be really beneficial to other readers.


I’ve realized I truly love Lisa Harris’ writing and characters and cannot wait to start reading some of her earlier series’. I don’t often find myself really playing a movie of a book in my head as I read but when I do I know that the book is really good. This was one of those books. I found myself holding my breath at times waiting to see what would happen next and truly felt the danger Nikki was in at times. I also really appreciated the conflict in this book surrounding why God allows bad things to happen to good people. The spiritual growth of the characters only made me love this book more. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review