September 20, 2015

How to ENJOY reading your Bible

I love practical books so this title really caught my eye.



But it didn't turn out to be quite as engaging as I was hoping. It is still worth your time and still has some great advice though. One part that I loved the most was when it talked about reading MORE of the Bible to enjoy it more. I really liked how he put it into the perspective of comparing it to your favorite novel. If I was forced to read my favorite novel just one page per day then I would hate it. But yet that is how we often approach the Bible. "I'll read one chapter tonight before bed" whereas if we said "I'll read all of Philippians tonight" we'd get more out of it. I enjoyed this book and its insights but it isn't my new favorite.

I also liked that each chapter had study group questions and prayers. This would be a great book to do with a small group. It also had quite a few ideas for reading plans. I've never been big on reading plans because it makes it feel more like a chore but one of his plans was basically to just keep re-reading Philippians everyday just with different methods so I might try that one.

I'm also excited to check out his website: http://keithferrin.com/resources

I received a copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.