August 8, 2015

Not by Sight

Not by Sight
by Kate Breslin

Breslin's first novel, For Such a Time, was absolutely amazing and if you haven't read it you should!!!

So when I was offered a spot to help Breslin promote her second novel I was very excited!!!



Not by Sight takes place during WWI and once again she features a strong heroine! I'm a sucker for strong female leads in books, television, and movies so this was a huge draw for me. But I also appreciate realistic heroines who make mistakes and have to learn to ask for forgiveness occasionally. I also love it when the male lead isn't perfect and has room for personal growth through the pages of the novel. Not by Sight provided me with both!

I enjoyed the research into the WWI time period that went into this book as I was introduced to a lot of ideas that were new to me including the role the women played in Britain while the men were fighting. I also enjoyed the glimpse into the work of the suffragettes during the war.

My absolute favorite parts of this book were when they were driving through the countryside and the amazing dialogue that took place. I don't want to give anything away but there were some great topics that came up as well as a great deal of compromise! The great dialogue coupled with just the right amount of danger and suspense made for a great read as the book neared the end.

The only difficult part for me in this book was keeping track of all of the characters. Grace was working with so many women with the Women's Forage Corps that I struggled to keep track of which was which. But I didn't let that stop me from enjoying the book.

I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys historical or romantic Christian fiction. But I also think that readers who enjoy romantic suspense would enjoy this book since it has a touch of intrigue in it.

Not by Sight is a very enjoyable read and has such a perfect ending that you won't want to miss it. This book will challenge you to think before you act and will remind you of the importance of forgiveness in your life.

This book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for my honest review.