July 6, 2015

In Good Company

In Good Company
by Jen Turano

Jen Turano is one of my go-to authors because her books and characters are so full of life. I read the first book in this series and loved it so reading the second was a no brainer especially once I saw the beautiful cover.

Product Details
 
I loved Millie’s unique manner of dealing with all things that life threw at her. I also loved Everett because for once I felt like the male lead actually bettered himself throughout the pages of a novel instead of already being perfect. Turano’s realistically flawed characters are a breath of fresh air.
I did find the similarities with The Sound of Music to be charming since it is one of my all-time favorites but I honestly found myself a little overwhelmed by the amount of references especially since there were also a lot of references to Pride and Prejudice. I also love Pride and Prejudice and loved the references to Mr. Darcy, but I almost wished Turano had picked just one famous work to weave into her story and saved the other for another story.
I’m already looking forward to book 3!

I received this book from Bethany House in exchange for my honest review