July 8, 2015

Gone Without A Trace

Gone without a Trace
by Patricia Bradley

This was my third novel by Bradley and also the third book in the Logan Point series. I've enjoyed this entire series and loved getting to know so many people in Logan Point.



Bradley writes really interesting characters. Alex is a great male lead. His strength, perseverance, and protective personality are perfect. I also loved that he wasn't the typical PI. Livy was an excellent heroine. I loved how stubborn and independent she was. But what I loved the most about both characters was the fact that they weren't leading perfect little lives. In fact they each had their own past hurts and issues to work through and I enjoyed following them in that journey. And Bradley throwing a little romance into the book was perfect for the genre. Not overpowering but still a strong part of the story.

The plot for this book was quite unique. A woman missing for over 2 years? That is a long time. I was a little bit disappointed that the family wasn't still searching for her but I was glad that Livy noticed similarities in the current case and her cousin's. This book didn't move super fast in my opinion but it also wasn't slow and I still read it in one afternoon.


I do think that the recovery period from PTSD probably could have been developed a little bit more but I do admit that the way Bradley wrote it into the book worked well for the story. The only other think I felt could have been a little better were the clues to who the villain was. I love it when an author keeps me guessing but this time not only was I guessing but I was completely unsure of who it was and not really in a good way. I like suspense books to keep me guessing until the end but I still like to figure out for myself who did it and with this one I didn't really get the chance.

Overall this was another great read from Bradley. I cannot wait to see what she comes up with next and I wouldn't mind a fourth book in the series if she has a story line for it! But if not I'm sure she'll come up with another town full of interesting characters.

I received this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.