May 9, 2015

No Place to Hide

No Place to Hide
by Lynette Eason

Eason is a new-to-me author but since she writes one of my favorite genres, romantic suspense, I knew she would be a safe bet. I was given the opportunity to read and review this book but since it was the third book in a series I first had to read books one and two. I have to admit that I didn't fall in love with them - but I'm glad I had agreed to read and review book three becasue I really enjoyed it.



For me the plot and characters of No Place to Hide were more interesting and easier to relate to. I especially liked the main female character, Jackie, because she was such a good friend. She believed her childhood friend, Ian, was innocent and risked everything to help him. I also loved the ingenuity that so many of the characters in this book exhibited. I liked this book also because it was a fast paced read and kept me interested throughout the plot.

One of my favorite aspects of this book is how Eason weaved spirituality perfectly into the story. I loved the blunt honesty that Jackie's character shares about grief and trust. I also love the frank discussions about feelings vs truth and later free will.

"You can't rely on your feelings. Feelings can be deceptive and lead you down the wrong path. You have to rely on truth." -Ian 

This wasn't a brand new storyline or plot but the characterization made it work for me. I didn't mind that I've read similar stories because I loved the characters enough to make up for it and I appreciated the new curve balls Eason threw at me to keep me guessing until the end.

This book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for my honest review.