May 24, 2015

A Worthy Pursuit

A Worthy Pursuit
by Karen Witemeyer

Karen is among my favorite Christian authors and I was so excited to get the opportunity to review her ebook! A Worthy Pursuit is every bit as good as all of her other books - but perhaps even better!



I really enjoyed the characters in this one. A teacher/musician and a bounty hunter? I have no idea where she comes up with the ideas but she always has interesting characters! I really enjoyed getting to know Lottie and Stone in this book. The children in the story were also quite remarkable. They all have talents that were fun to read about. I especially loved how Karen used music as a theme for much of the book and talked about how different songs played by different people can evoke different reactions.

I'm not sure if I enjoyed the adventure or the love better in this book. It was full of action but it was also full of wonderful swoon worthy romantic scenes. I really loved watching the love story unfold in this one! The kisses exchanged in this book truly wanted to make me melt!

Typical for Karen's books this one moved fairly quickly but not in a rushed sort of way. I couldn't stop turning the pages and didn't want it to end. I lost sleep reading this. I just didn't want to stop reading! Karen is superb at making the setting, people, and action come to life in a way that no one else can.

This story is wrought with more tension than some of her books since children's lives are on the line. I found myself nervous at more than one point in the story because i was so worried about the kids. And true to form there was also tons of romantic tension. I loved how at first Lottie tried to avoid looking at Stone and how he was constantly having to re-focus his thoughts on something other than her!

If you are looking for a great love story with some action thrown in this is the book for you. And if in addition to that you want something that hasn't been done before then I especially suggest Karen Witemeyer's books. She comes up with excellent, unique characters with interesting professions.

Now I just have to wait for her to come up with another great idea and get it published!!!

Thanks to Bethany House for the copy of the book in exchange for my honest review!