March 23, 2015

Life Unstuck

Life Unstuck
by Pat Layton



It has been a long time since I've read a Christian Living book that was written with so much love, passion, and honesty! Layton takes Psalm 139 and relates it to our lives as women. She helps us realize there is more to life than being stuck in a constant cycle of struggles. I really appreciated the part of the book where she talks about making peace with the past. She shares details of her life that most people would try to hidden in a deep dark closet for NO ONE to ever find out about. But instead she tells all of us some of the most horrid things she ever did. Not that she wanted us to feel sorry for her but just to make sure we, her readers, knew that everyone has made mistakes.I also really appreciated the part of the book where she tells us to use our dreams for the future to prepare for the future. To have a plan and vision for what is next in our lives no matter what it might be. I needed to be reminded of so many of the things she wrote about in this book. This is a book I know I can easily recommend to any of my girlfriends and know that at least one chapter will relate to their lives.

Revell provided me with a complementary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.