March 31, 2015

From the Start

From the Start
by Melissa Tagg

This was my first full length novel by Tagg but it won't be my last! Her books are fun to read! I started by reading her eNovella Three Little Words (which by the way is still currently FREE on Amazon!) and fell in love with the Walker family. By the end I was super excited to read From the Start.



I wasn't very far into the story when Tagg had me laughing so hard I had to put the book down for a moment! Of course other parts of the book made me laugh too but this one scene in particular was hilarious! And throughout the book I really enjoyed watching Colton and Kate create a friendship which of course turned into more.



Tagg creates excellent characters with realistic flaws. I like that neither were picture perfect. I also really loved the secondary characters who played matchmaker, friend, etc. who pushed for them to find their happily ever after.

I also loved watching Kate learn about football! I had my own moment in life where someone taught me about the game and it was fun to relive that afternoon. 

A lot of books I've read lately included a peek into the life of foster children and I am so thankful for that. It is a part of life in the United States that so often goes unnoticed and I'm glad quite a few of my favorite Christian authors are using their novels to bring it to light. I really loved watching Colton work with the youth in Maple Heights to help him discover his potential.

I wouldn't have minded a little bit more spiritual emphasis in this book. However, I still loved it. I loved the characters, the community, and the eventual happily ever after. I'm looking forward to what comes next and am already set to read her first series now too!

Bethany House provided me with a complementary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.