March 19, 2015

A Harvest of Hope

A Harvest of Hope
by Lauraine Snelling

As a child, Lauraine Snelling was my favorite author. Her two horse series for youth were my favorite books. In fact I didn't keep many of my childhood books but I still have the Golden Filly series on my bookshelf!

A Harvest of Hope is book 2 in the Song of Blessing series. I would not recommend trying to read this book without reading book 1 because even though Snelling explains who is who and gives a little bit of background it probably wouldn't be quite enough for most readers.

This is the continuation of Miriam and Trygve and the entire town of Blessing. It takes place in the early 1900s. I love that the women in these books are so strong. Serving in the community as doctors, nurses, and a midwife. I also love how prayer is their go-to answer for everything.

This is a lovely story of community banding together.

Bethany House provided me with a complementary copy in exchange for my honest review.