January 22, 2015

Beyond all Dreams

Beyond all Dreams
by Elizabeth Camden

I have also reviewed Into the Whirlwind and With Every Breath by Camden. I really enjoyed both of those books so I was excited to read Beyond all Dreams.  I wasn't surprised to find the same spirit of writing and was pleased to once again enjoy her books.

22504481

I especially love that Camden writes strong female leads. I love any book, movie, or t.v. show where the female is strong and independent. I love that in a time when women were expected to get married, have kids, and stay home Anna was working at the Library of Congress living her dream. I also love how much spunk and sass she has in her.

I noticed it in With Every Breath as well but Camden seems to enjoy making the male leads in her story really work for their love relationship with the female leads! Luke isn't the easiest man to get along with - and he knows it - but he really is interested in Anna and I enjoyed watching him struggle through personal and professional battles before he was able to win her over.

Camden does excellent research when she writes her books and really transforms you to the time and place she is writing about. I enjoyed learning more about ancient maps, life in Washington D.C., and was intrigued by the mentions of patents for products that we take for granted now such as ink pens and flashlights.

What I probably appreciate the most about her writing though is how she is able to weave friendships, romance, history, and spiritual growth into her books. I enjoyed following the brother/sister friendship of Anna and Neville and was glad they had each other since they didn't have anyone else growing up.  And of course I loved watching Anna and Luke end up together. 

If you love historical fiction and romantic fiction I think you'll love this book. It is full of lively banter between the characters, a little bit of suspense, and a lot of love.


  Bethany House provided me with a complimentary copy of this book through Net Galley in exchange for my honest review.