July 15, 2014

Heart of the Country

Heart of the Country

If this book (and it's movie counterpart) don't make you tear up at least a little bit then I'll be surprised. I watched the movie before I read the book because I didn't realize there was a book at first and I was in the mood to watch a chick flick but I still got the book to read too!

Usually I prefer to read the book first but this time it was kind of neat to have seen the movie and to have a background for the book. there are many parts that were different but not so different that the movie ruined the book.




This is a great story of forgiveness. So many people had to forgive each other in this book I don't even know if I could accurately list all of the broken relationships that were mended throughout this book. The main ones though were father/daughter, sisters, and husband and wife.

When Faith has no where else to turn she returns to her childhood home and her father lovingly takes her in. He could have locked her out and told her to stay away but just like the story of the Prodigal Son in the Bible he practically threw her a party when she came home. Thankfully in the end many differences amongst the characters that seemed irreconcilable in the beginning are resolved and the book has a very loving ending even if it isn't 100 percent happy.

I highly recommend this book but I also very highly recommend the movie too. I especially think you'd like the movie if you like country music as Jana Kramer is the star of the movie :)