June 27, 2014

Misery Loves Company

Misery Loves Company
By Rene Gutteridge

This is an amazing story full of suspense, intrigue, mystery, and pretense. There are so many twists and turns throughout the book that even up until the very end you are wondering how things will end.




Gutteridge weaves quite the story line in this book. Pretty much every other chapter takes you back and forth from where the main character is being held captive to where her late husband's partner is investigating to find her. The detail with which she writes is amazing especially weaving the two stories together. it seemed as if every couple of chapters you learned something new that made you wonder why you didn't guess it and that was my favorite part about this book. Sometimes I can figure out a plot and all the answers halfway through the book but this time I was kept guessing.

I think for me the most amazing part about this book is how Gutteridge can author so many different genres. I first read her book Just 18 Summers and now I've read this one and they couldn't be any more different! Looking forward to reading more of her work.

Don't forget to sign up to review books through www.tyndalerewards.com so you can earn free books too!