June 14, 2014

Claiming Mariah

Claiming Mariah
by Pam Hillman

My only complaint about this book was that it ended too fast! I wouldn't mind at all if Pam Hillman decided to write a sequel!



Hillman is a new author to me but I hope to continue to read her books as she writes more. Her writing is so descriptive and flows so well. I really liked the way she compares blushing to blooming roses. Or when she uses "slant" to describe how Slade's lips move to kiss Mariah. It is refreshing to read a book with such great descriptive language.

I also loved how she jumped right into the story. She didn't waste chapters on setting the scene. Instead she jumped right in and occasionally threw in some back story. She also wove redemption and forgiveness into the story rather seamlessly.

But as with any Christian fiction novel I read I was most impressed with how more than one character came to Christ throughout the course of the book. I love when the power of prayer of some characters and some unfortunate circumstances will often bring certain characters to Christ. This section of the book was especially well written and very touching.

I'd recommend this book to anyone who likes the Christian Fiction books that incorporate western, history, and romance. It was a delightful read with just the right amount of intrigue and twists and turns in the plot.