June 18, 2014

All for a Story

All for a Story 
by Allison Pittman

This was my second novel by Pittman. I have to admit I did NOT enjoy All for a Song but I decided to go ahead and give All for a Story a chance and I'm so glad I did.  I'm not sure if I just related with Monica more than the characters in the other book or if I enjoyed the story line more but either way I really enjoyed this book.




I was on newspaper staff in high school and college so I enjoyed reading about a young woman writing a column for a local paper even if it was a gossip column and not hard news.

It is usually hard for me to read Christian books where the main character is not a Christian. This book was no exception in that area. It was hard to read about Monica going to Speakeasies, dating a married man, and lying to a group of women. In the end however it was beautiful to see Monica experience the true meaning of forgiveness and of course also find love too. I'm a sucker for a happy ending and this book provided just that!

I love the setting in the time of the Roaring Twenties. You really don't find many novels set during this time and it is a fun read to enter the mind of the young carefree Monica.