June 23, 2014

A Broken Kind of Beautiful

A Broken Kind of Beautiful
by Katie Ganshert

A lot of times when I read a Christian Fiction novel I feel like the only character that really pulls you in is the main female character. But with this book I really connected with BOTH the main male and female characters.

Davis and Ivy grew up together. But Ivy didn't have a very happy childhood and went into the fashion industry when she was only 14 years old and never wants to leave even though she knows she is beginning to age and they are looking for new faces. Davis went into the fashion industry too - just with his camera...until a dreadful accident left his sister blind and he blamed himself. He vowed to NEVER pick up his camera again.



This book is a great story of forgiveness and also redemption. And not just forgiveness from God even though that is a very important part but also learning to forgive others and also forgiving yourself. That is Davis' part of the story. Ivy is learning about redemption. She is learning that God calls her HIS. She is learning that beauty doesn't depend on what the fashion industry thinks.

It did take me a while to get sucked into the book but the last half was really good! I enjoyed seeing how everything fell together in the story line. There are a couple of twists that are beautiful. I love how God works things out for the characters and the projects they are working on.

If you like contemporary Christian fiction I think you should give this book a chance!

This book was provided to me by Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest review.