January 20, 2014

MoneySavingMom's new book!

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode
 By Crystal Paine

 Are you busy all the time but don't feel like you ever accomplish anything? Are you always tired and stressed? Do you feel like you don't measure up? Then Crystal's new book is perfect for you! And it isn't just for moms or even just for women.

"Many times busyness is mistakenly equated with productivity"
-Crystal Paine (MoneySavingMom)

I started following MoneySavingMom so long ago that I don't even remember how many years it has been. It is my go-to website for financial advice, recipes, deals, and inspirational stories. Her ideas for cooking have led to some of my husband and I's favorite (and easiest!) recipes. Breakfast burritos and Beef/Bean burritos are our favorites and are almost always frozen and ready for lunches in our freezer.

So when she wrote The Money Saving Mom's Budget a couple years ago I was really excited to read it and it was great!  And now she's written another excellent book!


Say Goodbye to Survival Mode is the most transparent book I have ever read. Crystal was so honest about the difficult times from her own life. Then in addition to being brutally honest about how hard life was for her and her husband for awhile she shared how she dug herself OUT of the hard times. And best of all she doesn't sugar coat anything! She also doesn't pretend that she got everything right on the first or second try!





My favorite chapter from her new book was entitled: "When you feel like a failure." You see even right now as I write this review I am feeling so inadequate but I am using this opportunity to practice everything I learned in this chapter. I learned I shouldn't be comparing myself to others. No my review won't be as good as many of the others but I am giving it my best. I also learned not to hold myself up to other people's standards. I may not be able to run a mile but I can start working my way up to walking one! And I learned that I need to be kinder to myself. Instead of beating myself up because I'm not the perfect house keeper I need to give myself grace since I work outside of the home.



Money Saving Mom once again challenged me to find little ways to improve my home, myself, and our finances. I really appreciate her kind, honest, relevant advice on so many aspects of life. If you haven't already ordered this book you really should because it is excellent!

This advance copy of the book was provided to me by the publisher, Thomas Nelson, in exchange for my honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Great book I loved it as well! Diving into my blissful and balanced life now!

    ReplyDelete