September 3, 2013

Into The Whirlwind

Into The Whirlwind
by Elizabeth Camden

IntoTheWhirlwind

Into The Whirlwind takes place in Chicago in 1871, the year of the dreadful Chicago Fire that wiped out much of the city and caused many to lose everything. This was no exception for main character, Mollie, who had taken over her father's watch company after his passing. This book focuses on how much the city lost during the fire but also the amazing ability people have to band together and help each other out after the fire.

I read a lot of historical fiction but this is the first book I have ever read that centered around the time of the Great Chicago Fire. I loved the unique setting! I love Mollie's character because she runs her own business in a time when women didn't do much of anything without a man! Not only does she run her own business but she does it well! I also like Mollie because she is headstrong and a fighter. She works hard for what is hers and works even harder to keep it.  Of course the male lead Zack is also stubborn but it was fun to keep up with the two characters as they got to know each other in the book.

Camden's characters are well developed and easy to love. Her attention to detail in her books is astounding and keeps you turning the pages to learn more. She has three other books which I cannot wait to read since Into the Whirlwind was the first book I've read by her.

If you enjoy historical fiction, romance, and a touch of suspense you'll love Into the Whirlwind!

Bethany House provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment