September 19, 2013

Fired Up by Mary Connealy

Fired Up
by Mary Connealy
Book 2 in the Trouble in Texas series

Back in April I was able to review book 1, Swept Away, in the Trouble in Texas series and now I get to review book 2!



I love Mary Connealy's writing! It is a perfect blend of romance, humor, western, and adventure. This book is a perfect continuation of the story from book one but it also brings to light some new characters too.

Dare may not have gone to medical school but he is a doctor nonetheless. For all of his practical training he knows more about doctoring than anyone else in the area. Glynna is faced with the recent death of her abusive husband leaving her with two children to raise alone. So Glynna decides to use an abandoned house to open a diner. There is just one problem. Unlike Dare who is good at his job - Glynna is NOT a good cook!

You will love the humor throughout this story! Some of the lines in the book actually made me laugh out loud! You will also love how the characters have to actually work for good things to happen in their lives. It is refreshing to be reading a book where things don't just perfectly fall into place.

I love how fiercely Glynna loves her children. I also love how in the end she decides that love deserves another chance!

I love how stubborn Dare is and how he never gives up!

Yes...this book is very predictable but I still loved reading the story as it unfolded even though I pretty much knew how it would end. Sometimes it isn't about the ending but about how the writer brings you to that ending!

I'm already looking forward to reading book 3 in the series!

Bethany House provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.