May 22, 2013

Wishing on Willows



Wishing on Willows by Katie Ganshert

This was the first book I’ve read by Ganshert but I am already planning to read more of her books!
I’ll be honest. I knew how the book would end before I even started it, but it didn’t stop me from reading it or enjoying every word.  This book follows the life of Robin who is still mourning the loss of her husband years later; her sister-in-law who is mourning the loss of a long-term relationship; and Ian who is mourning the loss of a marriage.  Whether you have dealt with your own pain of grief due to death, a broken-heart, or another loss I’m sure you will relate with at least one of these characters.


 



I always am especially glad to read a novel where the characters have real life problems and real life heart aches. This book did not disappoint.  I’m glad that authors like Ganshert are willing to write about the hard times in life and not just the good.

I also love reading books where friends and family stick together through the good times and the bad.  The theme of family throughout this book was very reassuring in a time where the world seems to think it is “every man for himself.” 

If you like books where the characters actually have to put effort into their relationships then I think you will like this book.  It was refreshing to have the male lead character put so much effort into all of his relationships but especially his romantic one.

This book will touch anyone who has loved and lost for any reason.
Waterbrook Press provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.