April 9, 2013

Avenged

Avenged by Janice Cantore

Another excellent book by Cantore! I read and reviewed the first two books in this series (Pacific Coast Justice Series) here and here and book three was just as good if not better than the first two!  I loved reading more about the lives of Carly and Nick and all of their friends and co-workers!


Avenged centers mostly on how Carly is feeling about her career after seeing so many bad things happen, losing her partner temporarily, and being talked about unfairly in the press more than once she is ready for a change and this book tells the story behind how she decides what to do with her career!

I think I liked this book the best because it really showed how far Carly and Nick's relationship has come! One of my favorite parts of the book was when Nick reminded Carly that they are in the marriage together and they have to tell everything to each other and include each other in everything.  I love how close they are and how much they desire to help each other with everything!  I also love how they always turn to prayer when things get rough!

I love how seriously Carly and Nick both take their jobs.  Carly truly shows what kind of police officer you would want to have around if you needed something because she really cares about the people she serves in her fictional town of Las Playas.

I don't know if Cantore plans to write a book four in the series but if she does I can't wait to read another book with such a great heroine as Carly!

"I received this book for free from Tyndale Fiction in exchange for this honest review."