March 16, 2013

Finding Her Way by Leah Banicki

While this may not be my new favorite book or the best written book I've ever read it was still a really good story.  It did have a pretty predictable ending, but the characters were sweet and I enjoyed reading the story that had so much historical value weaved into it.

Finding Her Way (Wildflowers)




I especially liked how the main character, Cori, was able to treat her husband with so much love and care when he was shot and then later was ill even though he always treated her so poorly.  I also liked how the book included a character who knew how to communicate with the Native Americans and had a good relationship with them. 

Reading this book made me thankful the days of traveling by wagon are over!  16 miles in one day would be miserably slow going!