February 4, 2013

One Glorious Ambition by Jane Kirkpatrick: A Review

I got another book to review in the mail recently. One Glorious Ambition by Jane Kirkpatrick.  This was my first book to read by Jane Kirkpatrick so I was curious to see how I would like her writing style and everything.

One Glorious Ambition

To be honest she isn't my new favorite author; but to also be honest this wasn't my favorite genre of book either.  I typically go for the sappy romantic book and this was more of the historical fiction type.

But this was a compelling book about a real-life young lady from the 1800s, Dorothea Dix, who lived a very difficult personal life but still found time to start schools, mentor young people, and improve the living conditions of people with mental illness that society had deemed outcasts.

If you enjoy historical fiction, especially about women who accomplished amazing things in their lives you will love this book.

You will also love this book if you are moved by women who worked to improve the lives of other women, children, and people with disabilities.

To learn more about the author visit her site here.  Or you can read a sneak peak of her book here.



"I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review."