August 6, 2012

Short-Straw Bride

A review: Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer

Short-Straw Bride

This is the first book I've ever read by Karen Witemeyer.  In fact, I hadn't even heard of her until her name and book showed up on an opportunity to review the book for Bethany House and I'm so glad it did.

It has been a long time since a Christian historical romance novel has kept me up way past my bedtime but I just couldn't put this book down until I finished reading it because it was so good!

Short-Straw Bride is a typical Christian historical romance novel in the sense that it is pretty predictable but I think that is what I love the most about these types of books.  I want to enjoy myself getting lost in a cute, loving, predictable, fun book with characters that are full of life and spunk and love.  This book provided exactly that!  Meredith is my favorite type of character because she isn't a little prissy girl who can't get dirty or work hard.  She doesn't sit idly by and she isn't the type to stay out of trouble either and I love that about her!  Travis is your typical gallant, chivalrous man and I love that about him. 

This book had wonderful characters, wonderful relationships, and was a very enjoyable read all the way around.  I highly recommend it to anyone who likes Christian historical romances!

Bethany House provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.