July 7, 2012

Submerged by Dani Pettrey


Submerged by Dani Pettrey

 Submerged (Alaskan Courage)

Book one of the new “Alaskan Courage” series left me wishing book two was already out!  I fell in love the down to earth, real life characters.  Submerged had the perfect mix of suspense, thrills, love, and faith. 

I love it when characters in Christian fiction have lives to which real life people can relate and didn’t always live perfect lives.  I also love it when the characters can be a good witness of their new faith in Christ.

The relationship between Bailey and Cole was wholesome and honest, but not picture perfect.  It was refreshing to read a Christian Fiction book where not everything fell in to place perfectly the very first time.

I also enjoyed reading a book based in Alaska.  So many Christian Fiction books are based on the old prairie frontier that it was great fun to read a book based on the history and dangers in Alaska.  It was also a good twist that part of the historical fiction in the book was based on Russian history.

A great read, with great characters. I can’t wait to read book two!!!

Bethany House provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.