March 2, 2009

"Even if I fall"

Five years ago when I did Youth In Mission to Guatemala we had "training camp" in Kansas City before all of the different teams were sent off to their different countries. The best part of training camp by far was the worship time. We had a great worship band - and we all just had such a wonderful worship experience. During these services we learned a worship song that is probably my favorite worship song EVER. This version is sung by Mike Cowart and you HAVE to listen to it because it is just AMAZING.

Anyway the reason I'm blogging about this is because lately thing have been "challenging" in my life...and a verse that was read the other night at church reminded me of this song and I just had to listen to it again and read through the lyrics again...and of course I wanted to share them with you.

So whether or not you go listen to it at this guy's site please read the lyrics...they're just amazing!

"Even if I Fall"

I may pass through the waters
But one thing I know,
You are with me
I may walk through the fire,
But one thing I know,
You are with me
Though my way seems uncertain,
In You I'll put my trust

(Ladies) -
Even if I fall,
I'll rise again
for You are my God
Even if I fall, You lift me up (repeat)

(Men) -
When You're with me, I will rise up
When You lift me up (repeat)

I may go through some trials
But I will not fear, for You are with me
I will go to the mountain,
And I will press on, for You are with me
Though my way seems uncertain
In You I'll put my trust
(chorus)

And one of the biggest reasons I LOVE this song is because the lyrics are straight from scripture. Here is the verse, Isaiah 43:2, in two different versions...

Isaiah 43:2 (NIV)

When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

Isaiah 43:2 (New Living Translation)

When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.

I hope listening to this song, reading the lyrics, and reading the scripture that the song comes from blesses you...