July 9, 2008

My Babies...all 16 of them!

Have I mentioned how much I love my babies? Seriously they are so wonderful and precious and I'm starting to wonder how I'm ever going to say goodbye to them in a week! But let's not think about that right now!

Some fun updates...

My twins are growing! They're getting HEAVY! And the boy has started to buzz his lips all the time and it is so cute!

One of the little girls who is incredibly shy has opened up to me in the last week and a half. She now calls me by name, wants to give me hugs and kisses, wants to be held, and constantly wants my attention! This is especially exciting because my first month here she wouldn't even look at me!

One of the little boys turns 2 tomorrow! He's so precious and I'm so excited to celebrate his birthday!

Also, tonight I got paid a huge compliment. The Tias are always telling me how wonderful my Spanish is and how nice it is to have a volunteer here who actually speaks Spanish, and not just a little... But tonight the Tia that I"m spending the night with told me that I'm the first volunteer Tia that has ever helped with anything and everything. She said that sometimes the volunteers will help with diapers and feeding, but not very much. But she said I'm the first that actually helps with everything! And the craziest part is that it just comes naturally to me. I mean, if there are dry clothes on the line then of course they need to be taken off, folded, and put away! Of course if there are dirty diapers they need to be washed! Even crazier! I'm going to miss all these jobs! Even the dirty laundry and dirty diapers!

Anyway, I need to get going because it is getting close to 10 p.m. and the babies will start to wake up anytime between midnight and 2 a.m. wanting milk...

Next post watch for a list of things I'm going to miss the most when I say goodbye to Cochabamba....you can guess what number 1 is!